Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mister 3000!

My husband and I were so thrilled to hear the news about Derek Jeter's 3000th hit!  He was amazing, the story of the game and all the extra bonus details of the day brought tears to our eyes.  What a story!  Jeter, the team captain, was the first Yankee to reach 3000 hits, and it was a home run to boot! Derek is not known as a home run hitter so this was very unusual. Also it was his first homer in the new Yankee Stadium.  The boy who caught the ball gave it back to Jeter because he had a heart of gold.  Right after Jeter hit the ball the clock struck 2, which is his number!  THEN, he went on to drive in the winning run!!!!!  HOORAY!!!  We were watching replays and interviews all night, history was made on Saturday folks!
Here is a picture I drew of Derek inspired by the naive style of a little girl I met on my mission in Croatia. 

1 comment:

The Editor said...

Sweet! Nice to see you in your new role as sports fan!