I'm looking for a poseable doll to use as the subject of some upcoming photography and was stunned to learn about the Korean ball-jointed dolls. These dolls are made in realistic proportion with working joints and great attention to facial features. To me they are very beautiful. They really have a lot of anime spirit and their expressions are so whimsical. Also, they are expensive. When you buy one you have to pay extra for hair and clothing. Here are a few examples I found.
This amazing doll costs around $450.
The 'Blythe Doll' is the Japanese counterpart. She is much less complicated, however. Her head is much larger and she has huge doe eyes. I couldn't find one for less than $80.00.
This one's called a Domuya Doll.
Also there's the 'Pullip Doll'.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Is that a tombstone that doll is sitting on? With the name "Elizabeth" carved into it? You're onto something interesting here...
1 comment:
Is that a tombstone that doll is sitting on? With the name "Elizabeth" carved into it? You're onto something interesting here...
Post a Comment