Monday, March 12, 2007

There is more to life than New York City

It's called Beach Vacation at unspoiled location X. I've been to many beaches in many lands and always felt I was at a glorified swimming pool. But last week I spent my days watching flocks of pelicans fly over cold waters stirred up by dolphins whose waves spat sea sponges onto the conch littered white sands. The Zen-like solitude of the unpopulated beach got me up each morning for a stroll down to the sandbar with children and friends where we would hunt for sand dollars and look for stingrays. Sorry Coney Island baby, you just aint it no mo!




2 comments:

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

Oh, annie,
what a tight summary of our week, all the beauty and wildness of "location X" in just a few sweet sentences.
thanks!

Mary

Anonymous said...

And what great drawings! We're too lazy to do drawings down here our Caribbean beach. We just look, drop and roll. We're leaving our window open tonight so we can hear the waves breaking below. Nighty!