Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Day of Life

I created these animations for a photography website that treats a client's ordinary day with the same care that would be given to a birthday or wedding. In my animations, I focused on simple pleasures of life and gave them a nostalgic feel. I was inspired by homegoods store 'John Derian' here in NYC and by a postcard of flowers by Andy Warhol, which influences one of the opening scenes. Joshua Williams composed the music which was captured on a rickety eighties voice recorder. Which do you like best?




7 comments:

Nancy said...

Must we choose? They're both lovely! They so delicately glide over the less lovely aspects of day to day life, such as the almighty to-do list. If I most vote, I choose Door #1. Just cuz.

The Editor said...

The BABY one is an all-time fave of mine!

Clyde said...

Love them both! Such a sweet shorts, as always. You're so talented, dear Annie!

Mark A said...

I like the softer voice of the second one with the animation of the first one.

Bill Sr. said...

Great videos. You have the most amazingly soothing voice!

grandmahelen said...

Annie, I love them, love them, LOVE them. You always brigten my day. Gtandma

Catherine M. said...

The first one of course!