Thursday, September 09, 2010
In the spirit of the times, here is a video of me on my very first day of kindergarten. My twin Katie and I had to hang big signs from our necks so that the bus drivers and teachers could identify us. I am the one in the blue dress, surprisingly acting shy! I don't know where that came from, I think I've always been an attention HOG, just ask my sisters who complain that I constantly try to steal their friends... My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Danoff. I still remember what she looked like... A softspoken but confident woman in her 60's with short sandy hair. She made the classroom feel like a delight by decorating it with seasonal pictures. I was so excited because the first assignment came as soon as we sat at our desks. We had to copy a sentence off the board to this effect: 'Today is September 4th, it is Wednesday, and the weather is sunny." I was VERY impressed by this challenging assignment, which was repeated every day. I had never actually WRITTEN so many words before, was I even comfortable with all the letters? But I had a feeling she wanted to throw us all for a loop and just get us out of our comfort zone to be ready for any and all challenges! It worked, I loved her and did anything she wished. I honed and polished my brown nosing skills in that class, and put them to work regularly now!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I never thought of you as an attention hog, this is pretty representative of the quiet peacemaking annie I remember. However you did STEAL MY FRIENDS!!!
but I forgive you
Post a Comment