
This picture is a continuance of the series of illustrations I am creating in collaboration with the photography by Kah Leong Poon, styling by Joshua Williams, with Maddie Williams as the model. In this particular picture little Maddie recieves a moment of inspiration, she remembers how to tell a joke in french!
This little Toucan wears a costume that is inspired by the little get ups my little brother Johnny used to wear when we sisters used to dress him as a baby 25 years ago. His costume is my favorite thing about the whole illustration, which I spent the whole day on. Today I found a photo album put together with great care chronicling those times that inspired the costume. What inspired me to put that album together I don't remember now but I am so thankful for the little things that can suck me out of this present time and remind me that this moment is not the most important thing in life.

4 comments:
Annie! These are so fun. When I see them it makes me think of having an imaginary friend except it's a whole circus. These could come straight out of my daughter's imagination.
We ended up being at the Natural History museum 'till it closed. Hopefully we'll see you next time we're in the area.
I agree. This is such a fun series!!
You, Maddie, and KL are a super team!!!
Love you
All of these new paintings look like a new line of the most popular greeting cards ever made...the front of this card is Maddie and inside of the card is both pictures.
Annie, I just dropped in to tell you that i have been enjoying these (from afar in Google Reader). The results of the shoot have been fantastic. If only we could all take a piece of your (and the rest of the team's) time to have this done to our kids as well.
Carry on, and thanks so much for sharing!
Post a Comment