Saturday, January 20, 2007

Pixen!

After much searching I have finally found a program that allows you to create Pixel art using Mac computers. It's called Pixen and was developed by someone over at MIT. (Free download HERE) I'm so excited about this program! It's very easy to use, just like the old Mac Paint. It will allow me to create pictures with a similar look to the famous pixel characters by EBOY. Here's are a cow, a clock, and a wooly mammoth they recently posted.
This is my first little experiment with Pixen. It's a mushroom for my 'Lost District Gang'. I think it uses too many pixels- the point of this look seems to be to limit that. Does anyone have a good name for this character? I have names for all the rest but can't think of a good one for this little guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Pongo. If that picture is a mushroom... Mushroom is hongo/champiƱon in Spanish so I just put together poncho + hongo = Pongo :)