Today my husband and I celebrated a special occasion by going to the Museum of Modern Art, buying a membership, taking in the exhibits and eating at the cafe. He gave me a beautiful handmade card with this portrait of me drawn on the front. I love how he included my mole, which he insists is a beauty mark. That is why I love him. And the nose is just a little teeny dot, his explanation is that I have a perfect teeny nose. The 'Twiggy' lower lashes he explains by grinning and wiggling his fingers under his eyes, pretending they are spider legs. I really like the funny trail of dotted lines where he plotted out his course before he drew it. His message inside was so heartfelt and beautiful I got little tears in my eyes and couldn't read the whole thing out loud, but that could also have been all the cheese I was eating talking... I had ordered a meat and cheese board and was struggling to get all the gorgonzola down without breaking my diet and spreading it over some flatbread :-)
I am truly feeling the magic of this season and the love of all my friends and family. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sounds like a great outing. Once when Mark and I were dating he stopped by my house when I was in the basement writing a paper on the computer. My hair was in some kind of disheveled bun and I was wearing clothes I had scavenged off the floor of my bedroom. He stopped and said, "You look great." And that was one of many clues that he was a keeper. Like your husband.
Awww, sweet. And he DID indeed catch a great likeness of you, Annie. Can't wait to see you both in a few days!
Post a Comment