Monday, December 06, 2010

Zoo flask by Sister Arrow

This gorgeous print 'Zoo Flask' was given to me from a friend this week. (click image for bigger view). I love it for the trippy colors and ironic precision.  It's one of only 20 and was made by a British artist 'Sister Arrow'.  We got it at the Brooklyn Comics and Graphics festival in Brooklyn where all my favorite comic and zine publishers had tables set up with enticing wares.  I was also thrilled to meet my secret zine-crush, Noah Lyon and his wife.  Noah's work goes by the name of 'Retard Riot', I have blogged about his awesome zines before.  I also saw brain-melting 3-D comics, a zine the size of my pinky nail, got my portrait painted in a minute for a dollar (it was good!), and heard Lynda Barry speak.  Brooklyn is my Oyster!

1 comment:

The Editor said...

Who knew that Brooklyn could be such a cultural treasure house? We know that it is, but who knew?